Three Things to Order at The Abbey
- Bells of St. Mary’s: Made with gin, triple sec, apricot brandy and lemon juice, it’s the apricot flavor that really makes this drink, which is mixed well and not too sweet.
- Sauteed Mussels: Succulent mussels served in a white wine garlic sauce and topped with shoestring fries and simply delicious. As an appetizer, the large portion is easy for the table to split and possibly enough for one light meal.
- Bison Bolognese: One of The Abbey’s signature dishes and one that does not disappoint. Served over fresh linguine, this sweet rendition of an Italian staple is well-constructed and packed with flavor.
- Steak Frites: Grass-fed Hanger steak frites, served with a watercress salad and Madeira sauce.
- Skinny Gingerman: Listed by Boston.com as a top winter drink, this gin-based concoction with Canton and ginger beer is refreshing and flavorful without being over-powering.
- Sausage and Pepper Spring Roll: Served with a spicy aioli, this bar bite portion is perfect for just a taste of these two complimentary ingredients.
The Abbey is located at 1657 Beacon Street Brookline, in Washington Square. Avoid searching for a parking spot and take the Green C Line to either Washington Sq. or Tappen St.